The GraceKennedy Jamaican Birthright Programme is a cultural and professional internship geared at highlighting all aspects of Jamaican life while furthering the career goals of the selected candidates. It is a programme that will give successful candidates a well-rounded Jamaican experience.
OUTLINE OF THE PROGRAMME
- GraceKennedy will host 4 university students for a one month Internship
- Candidates must be 2nd/3rd generation Jamaicans who have never lived in Jamaica
‘lived’ – not in Jamaica for a period exceeding 6 months)
- Programme will focus on cultural as well as professional education
SYNOPSIS OF PROGRAMME
The GraceKennedy Jamaican Birthright Programme is a cultural and professional internship geared at highlighting all aspects of Jamaican life while furthering the career goals of the selected candidates. It is a programme that will give successful candidates a well-rounded Jamaican experience. The Internship: Selected candidates will work in a GraceKennedy subsidiary linked to their field of study, therefore granting them hands on experience in a wide range of industries. This internship will benefit the candidate in a variety of ways, including practical experience and mentorships. GraceKennedy will provide airfare, housing, transportation and stipend for the selected candidate. The Cultural Component: Selected candidates will be taken on a variety of weekend programmes, which will expose them to the Jamaican heritage by immersing them in our historic sites, natural and human resources, and of course, our beaches!
HOW DO STUDENTS APPLY
- Candidates must complete an application form
- Along with the application form, candidate will be required to include:
- A passport size photograph
- His/her official transcript
- Educational and character references
- Certified copies of his/her birth certificate AND his/her Jamaican parent/grandparent
- An essay on why he/she would make the ideal candidate for this programme.
- Candidate must be pursuing either an undergraduate or graduate degree
- Candidate must have a 2:1 or a ‘B’ average or higher
- Candidate must provide proof of Jamaican parentage/grand parentage
- Candidate must be between the ages of 18 to 25 years old
Mrs. Caroline Mahfood Executive Director GraceKennedy Foundation
+1 876-932-3350 or +1 876 932-3541 firstname.lastname@example.org
Mrs. Eira Huckstep HR Manager Grace Foods UK
+1 876-932-3350 or +1 876 932-3541 email@example.com