GraceKennedy has announced that applications for the 2019 period are now open. The aim of the programme is to expose second and third generation Jamaican university students to a diversified Jamaican experience through music, social activities and professional tutelage through internships at GraceKennedy.
The GraceKennedy Foundation is ensuring that students have that chance. Applications are open to second and third generation Jamaicans (of Jamaican parentage or grand parentage) between the ages 18 – 25 years, who have not lived in Jamaica for more than six months, and who are seeking an opportunity to learn and explore their Jamaican heritage.
They must be pursuing either an undergraduate or graduate degree and must have a Grade ‘B’ 2:1 average or higher.
Applications will be accepted online until December 13th, after which four persons – two from the United States, one from the United Kingdom and one from Canada - will be chosen to participate in the Birthright Programme for 2019.
THE BIRTHRIGHT PROGRAMME WILL GIVE YOU
- Cultural and professional internship geared at highlighting all aspects of Jamaican life while furthering the career goals of the selected candidates
- Give successful candidates a well-rounded Jamaican experience
- Selected candidates will work at a GraceKennedy subsidiary linked to their field of study
The Social Component
- GraceKennedy will provide airfare, housing, transportation and stipend.
The Cultural Component
- Selected candidates will be taken on a variety of weekend programmes, which will expose them to the Jamaican heritage by immersing them in our historic sites, cultural packages, natural and human resources, and of course, our beaches!!
- Candidates must complete an application form
- Include a passport-size photograph, an official transcript and a one-page typed essay.
- Candidates must be pursuing either an undergraduate or graduate degree programme
- Candidates must have a 2:1 (i.e. a ‘B’ average or higher)
- Candidates must provide proof of Jamaican parentage/grandparentage
- Candidates must be between the ages of 18 and 25 years old
- Internship, with attractive incentives within GraceKennedy Limited
- Job assignments specific to the academic interests and career goals to the candidates
- Cultural, social and educational immersion through weekend programmes geared at highlighting Jamaican’s heritage
- Opportunity to interact with candidates from other cultures and backgrounds
- Mentorship by GraceKennedy Management team for the duration of the programme